Make horrid scars and gashes.

12.19.2007

Secret Wars II Continues In This Issue

As part of CRAZY CROSSOVER MULTI-BLOG LIMITED SERIES TIE-IN, I feel duty-bound to alert you to a recent post over at the mighty Secret Fun Blog.

Y'see, over a year ago Kirk posted an old ad that I'd nearly forgotten ("Chimp Artist Will Paint For You!"), but which had captivated my imagination as a kid. As a direct result of some of the info passed along in the comments for that post, I ended up buying a pair of supercool paintings made by Cheeta the Chimp which now grace my bedroom walls & give me no end of delight. After emailing Kirk again to express my thanks (they really are pretty rad), he casually mentioned that he'd one day like to see all the other junk I might've collected & hung up around the house.

Well a project like that sounded kinda cool to me, and to be honest I figured if I did it first I could more easily coax him into doing the same in return (based on what little he HAS shared I'm confident that it'd be worth it -- this public "calling out" is merely phase two of my plan). So yeah, even though the idea had to fester and turn around in my brain for over a year I eventually got it together and took the snaps (figuring that for the end of the story and mostly happy to cross one more item off my mental "to do" list -- my head seems to work on a one-for-one basis at times and to make room for a new idea an old one must be acted upon).

Well THEN, thanks to what I will assume was something of a momentary lapse of judgement, Kirk asked if he might actually be able to share the gallery with his readers on the always-awesome Secret Fun Blog.

What happened next? Sorry, but in true crossover fashion you're just gonna have to follow this link to read the rest of the story...

10 Comments:

Blogger TheMadBlonde said...

Weird & wonderful as expected, but the life masks are creepy as hell. I don't think I could have them on my walls. Thanks for sharing!

12/20/2007 7:34 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

I saw Kirk's post, and was wondering if you had given him the ok to post all of those photos. But then I didn't think he would do so without it. So I guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out what happens next.

Dave

12/20/2007 5:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy mother of god...too many questions...but first I must ask how did you get that wallpaper in your bathroom?!? Nightmare USA is Awesome!

Check this site out, you might did it
www.houseofmysterioussecrets.com

12/26/2007 6:08 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

the Mad Blonde: actually those masks are strangely peaceful & charming to look at. My wife & I always insure that they enjoy a prominent location in the house for just that reason.

Dave: Kirk is indeed a gentleman who would never think of such a thing. On the other hand I was mostly dubious that anyone would care that much.

HOMS: Thanks! I've checked out yr site several times actually -- loads of cool stuff. the stuff in the bathroom isn't wallpaper actually, they're color photocopies of comics in my collection. It's an idea I got into my head when I was around 8 years old & visiting some friends of my parents who had New Yorker covers wallpapering their upstairs bathroom, and it just never went away (probably because in several respects I still AM 8 years old). Oh and you're right -- "Nightmare USA" is completely fantastic. I enjoyed Eyeball a lot but this takes it to a whole other level for me -- I really can't wait for part II!

12/28/2007 12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

morning jason
I m french boy 38 year old .
I m very interessted by horror records , I possess a big collection see my blogg .
http://halloweenrecords.blogspot.com/

thanks jocelyn

12/29/2007 6:58 AM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Jocelyn --> Wow! There's some great stuff on your blog. In fact your site is actually one of the few along these lines that I've seen where the scans shown don't come from my own albums, so you're obviously just as insane as me (in fact I've been unable to score at least a few of the records you show, so if you ever end up making audio files please let me know; I'd love to be able to download them).

Thanks for the post!

1/01/2008 12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. I'm looking for 3 tracks from Double Impact movie performed by Gen:

Gen - Get On It
Gen - Give In To Me
Gen - Some Of That

do You have it maybe?????

my mail: ub40dub@hotmail.com

thanks for help. :)

4/22/2008 5:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dawn of the dead
That is a neat pictire Im sure years from now you will look back at it and realize just what a great life you have

I can tell by the warm look on your faces that you must of had a warm and loving enviroment
Not everyone can sat that.
Im sure you will do great things in life.
Heck you might even become the first president that will actually do something for the people that will actually help them and not just yourself

Maybe you will even pass a bill that will make a law that will regulate gas prices at no more than $1.00 so the people can afford to get to work and to the grocery store and maybe even be able to travel and see new and wonderfull things with their kids

8/25/2008 11:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween to everybody

Regards
Halloween Cards

10/28/2008 12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Gary said...

This is some incredible artwork. I can hardly wait for the upcoming Halloween season.

7/24/2010 7:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home